Sunday, February 3, 2008

3:10 to Yuma

After a happy night of eating chili hot dogs (courtesy of me), Ferret, Algy and I watched 3:10 to Yuma. We had intended to watch Shoot 'Em Up for awesomeness sake, but Ferret's dvd was messed up so we picked this other movie because we were all fond of Christian Bale. Ferret and Algy thought the movie was slow, unrealistic (because Westerns and movies in general have to be realistic now I guess) and peppered with bad dialogue, but I enjoyed it. I thought the acting was great; Christian Bale can say nothing and be gaunt like no one else can and I thought Russell Crowe was awfully charming and I don't even really like him in general. What small bits of plot there was unfolded in an interesting way and even if the ending was a little silly it still worked with the overall drama. Rate ***

No comments:

Post a Comment