Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Swooning Over Tasty Korean Dinner

Brillat-Savarin said once (oft quoted) that "The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star."  I say, no contest!



Tonight I put together a marvelous dinner consisting of my newly made kimchi, bulgogi (both recipes are from the Kitchen Wench, whose site is an incredible source of delicious Korean and non-Korean recipes), some chopped broccoli tossed with a wee bit of sesame oil, and green tea.  I think cooking really must be one of the most rewarding activities in the entire world.  The whole time I was eating I was just stunned that I'd made all of it. Ok the chopped broccoli was not really impressive but I felt like my meal required a third dish (vegetable) and I was fresh out of any vegetables at the moment aside from frozen broccoli.  Sue me.  Fortunately, the Kitchen Wench has a whole list of tasty and appropriate side dishes and I will be making all of those as soon as is humanly possible.  The dish I really have my eye on though is Kimchi Chigae.  I always get the seafood version of that whenever I'm at Kunjip in New York.  Since I now live 3000 miles away from Kunjip and I've had a hard time finding anything that compares to it, I hope to be able to generate a comparable version.  If anyone can show me the way, it's the Kitchen Wench!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm that looks really good even though i can't eat kimchi right now

    ReplyDelete