Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Pizza Method (and toppings)


I was almost sure I had exhausted the number of pizza posts possible to me, but apparently not.  Tonight I decided to try out a method described here.  David Lebovitz's blog is one of my favorites to read; he is consistently interesting and I love his descriptions of his life in France.  This recipe caught my eye because the baking time was so quick.  I stuck closely to the potato/onion/roquefort combo he described (minus the thyme because I didn't have any) and since I didn't have any bread flour, I used my own pizza dough recipe instead.  Everything went off without a hitch and I'm really fascinated by the possibilities of this method.  You can't really see in this picture, but you first have to heat up a cast iron pan on the stovetop, then you flip it over and plop your pizza dough on top and then put the whole thing under the broiler to cook.  I think my dough actually might not be the best for this method, since it was optimized for regular oven cooking - I'll be trying out his dough recipe as soon as possible to see if it works any better here.  Overall I'm excited about the possibilities (and I thought the topping was quite good).

No comments:

Post a Comment