Saturday, July 23, 2011

Portland Farmer's Market at PSU


I literally had to run away from the farmer's market only a few stalls in because I was on a rampage.  Everything looked so amazing that I just could not help myself.  I think in honor of summer I will relax my grocery shopping budget to accommodate more wonderful items. 

Eggs: $6
Blueberries and Blackberries: $5 (2 for 5 deal)
Early Girl tomatoes: $2.20
Basil: $2.75
Peaches: $4.35

Total: $20.30

By the time I took this picture I had already eaten a few handfuls of blueberries and blackberries, there were so delicious.  I have not been able to stop gobbling them since I got them.  For lunch I mixed chopped tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on top of my toast and nearly passed out from delight.  I've never had early girl tomatoes before and they were insanely delicious.  My new goal is to try many fancy new tomatoes this summer and make notes of which I like best.  All in all, a happy haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment