Saturday, October 8, 2011

Portland Farmer's Market at PSU


I think I went a little overboard.  The theme of today's purchases seem to be "round."  I meant mostly to get fruits and pick up some salsa ingredients (the Phillies did in fact lose last night, and I have decided to try making tortillas and from these, burritos, in order to set the world to rights again), but I spotted this interesting looking acorn squash and of course the red peppers seemed like a good deal.  Red peppers in grocery stores always cost a million dollars so I never buy them unless absolutely required.  These three will be promptly roasted and stored away for future use.  I made a Whole Foods run yesterday which is why I didn't have a pressing need for vegetables.  

Acorn Squash: $1.15
Red Peppers: $2
Cilantro: $1.50
20th Century Asian Pears: $1.05
Early Girl Tomatoes + Red Onion + Jalapeno: $4
Jonagold Apples*: $5
Red Flame Grapes: $1.50

Total: $16.20

*I usually have a stand I go to for my apples and pears but I passed the peach stand and noticed they had a box of really big nice-looking apples.  There was a sign saying they had just been picked yesterday so I was intrigued.  I was going to buy just one but noticed a girl nearby giving out samples and man they were really delicious.  And here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment