|Image from blog.oregonlive.com|
I just realized that I'm a couple of weeks overdue for my three month update so here goes. My Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday routine is working extremely well; I get enough rest between classes and when I go I am not too sore or tired. Maybe sometime I'll try five times a week again but for now I'll stick to this schedule as best as I can.
My progress since last time is small and steady, but there is still progress!
- One of the instructors thought I might be almost ready to stop using the strap during round back, which was very exciting to me. I think it's due to a combination of better flexiblility and improved leg strength. Perhaps by next month I can do away with the strap altogether.
- For the time being, I'm not trying as much to lift both my legs during flat back (I really hope I'm naming these exercises properly, I'm not certain), because I felt it was straining my back and neck when I did so. Instead I just focus on exhaling as sharply as possible and hope for the best. At the same time, I find this a pretty restful part of class so it probably means I'm not working hard enough...
- Eventually I would like to stop doing modified pushups at the bar and do some on the floor, but maybe I'll try it out at home first and see how it goes.
- Tricep dips are the bane of my life. I think I need to make stopping just non-negotiable from now on and see how that goes. I'm too used to giving up midway during this exercise perhaps.
- Abs are better than previous!