Sunday, January 13, 2008

Reversible Cabled Scarf

I got this scarf pattern from Poodle who got it from Lion Brand. Actually it was the project she was working on when we first started our now defunct Knitting Club a year or so ago. I'd never seen anyone cable before and she showed me how it was done. It wasn't until I was home over the holidays this winter that I decided to try it out for myself. Despite the fun of cabling, this is going to be my last scarf for a while because I've realized that: 1) scarves get boring and 2) scarves take forever. This was right after I made Bee's Ribbed Scarf so I am quite scarved out. The yarn is the same superwashed wool (50% merino, 50% wool) from Nashua Handknits that I used for the Kitty Hat. I knitted two balls of the stuff into this scarf and whatever I had left from Kitty Hat. It's long enough to wrap around twice and thus is warm enough for a cold Philly day.

No comments:

Post a Comment