I've been keeping my three needles (the same three needles I've had since college, and before college, these needles were owned by my mother) stuck in a shoulder pad. This shoulder pad is usually stored in my "sewing kit" which is really just an old chinese tea canister. It's served me well over the years, but I realized recently that it might be time to get some new needles. I picked up a little pack at Joann's but there was no case for them. Today I decided to sew my own little needle book. I saw a couple of examples online, and came up with my own "pattern." I think in retrospect I could have thought it through a bit more, but I'm happy with how it came out and my needles are all happy now.
Here is a picture of it closed:
Here is a picture of it open with needles inside:
I topstitched the felt on the inside before closing up the top. Unfortunately, I had to topstitch the top closed so it looks a bit off. Next time, I would add a tab or button of some kind to hold it closed. I would also sew something decorative to the outside, it looks a bit plain. I'm really fond of how the red felt looks against the blue fabric though. This is the same fabric I used for my bag lining. I'd like to make a skirt or dress from this too. The color is so pretty.