Saturday, July 16, 2011

Portland Farmer's Market at PSU


This was my first trip back to the farmer's market since my return from the mouse course (almost three weeks ago) and my first thought when I was within sight of all the tasty produce was, why did it take me so long to come back?!?  

I had a late start this morning because I might have been a little bit hungover and slow.  My intention was to walk down and meet my friends, B+S but about 15 minutes after I woke up, I got a text from B saying that they were driving and could pick me up.  I got ready in literally 5 seconds and ran downstairs and leaped into their car.  It was such fun to walk around the stalls again and I had some potato latkes for lunch and a little cappuccino cream cooky thing to follow.  A wonderful start to the weekend.

Asparagus: $3
Big artichoke: $3
Little artichokes: $2
Green beans: $2.75
Little cabbages: $1.15
Venison pate: $5
Blackberries: $3

Total: $19.90

Now I will mix up a loaf of bread so I can have a proper accompaniment to my pate.  And continue to gobble blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment