Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Morning With Monkey Picked Oolong Tea


Insomnia is just the worst thing.  I don't know why I was hit with it last night but it was unpleasant.  I've learned the best thing to do is not to lie there and waste additional time, but to get up and do something.  So I decided to plant some lettuce and swiss chard seeds, make panna cotta and set some mung beans out to sprout.  After a bit of reading I felt drowsy and went off to bed but didn't actually fall asleep until 3:30ish, bah.  I had signed up for a bar method class today so I was up at 7:30 to give my bread dough one more knead for it's final rise (Cook's Illustrated Almost No Knead Bread) and then I was off.  I'm glad I went because now I feel totally energized, but I'm not sure how I'll stay awake all day.  Today will be busy with work earlier and fun later, but I really need to get some chores done as well - my house is such a disaster and I need to grocery shop in the worst way.  One thing at a time...

My sister got me a food processor for my birthday so I have all sorts of things I want to try making in it.  Top of my list: peanut butter and hummus! (not together)

(PS.  Neither cat nor garden shown above belong to me; both belong to my sister)

Update: Just a note on the monkey picked oolong tea.  I tried a sample cup at Teavana back when Ferret was visiting and decided to splurge on a little for myself.  The flavor is very light but pleasant and though the salesclerk told me I could brew the same leaves 5 times, I think it's maybe more like 3.  I have a hot water thing that my mom bought for me ages ago so having 195 degree water around is never a problem.  I'm not sure I'd buy it again, my tastes my run to something slightly stronger.  But I LOVE making tea via teapot instead of bags.  The little ritual and tinkering with the pot is all very relaxing.

1 comment: